PLAY, LIVE, GIVE
At Harrah’s Resort SoCal, the Caesars code of commitment governs the conduct of our business.
Voted “Best resort in Funner, CA”, means Harrah’s Resort SoCal is as much about good times as it is about doing good for the local area.
Harrah’s Resort SoCal went all-in on giving back in 2020!
Teammates and the Rincon Tribe treated our community like royalty.
This year, more than ever, our community needs a helping hand. For the sixth year in a row, the team in Funner, CA joined the global Giving Tuesday effort to turn a giving hand into a winning hand! On December 1, Harrah’s Resort SoCal teammates and Rincon tribal members rolled up their sleeves and got to work to give front line workers, first responders and our dedicated troops a big, Funner thank you.
Keeping troops in touch.
Our one and only, Mayor Riggle, who is also a former Marine, joined the Funner, CA crew virtually to help us send a big “Thank you” to our troops. Harrah’s Resort SoCal partnered with the USO and sponsored $25,0000 worth of gift cards that were delivered to a group of soldiers set to isolate before deployment. These calling cards were delivered as a token of our appreciation, and in an effort to help keep these dedicated men and women stay connected with their loved ones during the holidays.
Feeding first responders.
Frontline healthcare workers and first responders have definitely earned recognition this year—and possibly a little R&R. To give them a well-deserved break, the Funner, CA team packed up 500 lunches and delivered them with care to Rincon Cal Fire, Rincon Fire Department and Palomar Medical Centers in Escondido and Poway. In addition to some delicious, fresh food, these fire fighters and emergency-room doctors and nurses received a Golden Ticket, which invited them and a guest to enjoy a free overnight stay plus some resort credit to spoil themselves at Harrah’s Resort SoCal. These first responders and frontline workers have hearts of gold and the Funner, CA team was thrilled to give them something special for all they’ve given to our community.
2020 Michelle’s Place – Relaxation is golden.
Harrah’s Resort SoCal pampers cancer survivors with at-home spa kits.
When you can’t come to Funner, California for some “you time” Funner, CA finds a way to bring the fun to you. On November 11, Harrah’s Resort SoCal teammates packaged up 75 “spa at home” kits, specifically designed to help cancer survivors feel like royalty. With the guidance of Gina Layland, manager of The Spa at Harrah’s, each at kit was carefully packed and included:
- A hand-written note
- 5-piece Eminence facial kit with cleanser, mask, moisturizer, serum and a tote
- Candle and matches
- Make up removal wipe
- Manicure kit
- Martinelli’s® apple cider
- A chocolate
- Cancer awareness button or bracelet
- Gift wrapped Swarovski crystal necklace
- “How to” protocol for the facial including the Zoom information for the Spa Zoom party
The spa kits were delivered to Michelle’s Place Cancer Resource Center for distribution to 75 lucky ladies. In addition, each recipient was invited to join a Zoom Spa Party, guided by Layland and Master Esthetician Shelby Lemson from Eminence Organics. And in true Funner fashion, the Harrah’s Resort SoCal teammates went all-in on giving, offering a cash donation to Michelle’s Place. Check out our video to see the generosity in action!
2019 All-in 4 Change
In March of 2019 the resort’s fifth annual All-in 4 Change community grant campaign kicked off in a huge way.
Last year marked the highest numbers across the board. By the end of March, 158 charitable organizations had been nominated for All-in 4 Change grants, with 25 going on to the public voting phase. By April 24, 23,343 votes were cast and tallied.
On May 2 the top 15 organizations were notified of their winning accomplishment. This year’s winners include:
- 1st Prize: $55,000 awarded to Kitchens for Good.
- 2nd Prize: $25,000 awarded to the Mitchell Thorp Foundation.
- 3rd Place: $15,000 awarded to the LGBTQ Community Center of San Diego.
Fourth place and a $10,000 grant was given to San Diego’s Habitat for Humanity and fifth place along with $5,000 was granted to San Diego Oasis. In addition, 10 honorable mentions were presented along with grants of $4,000 to each well-deserving charity.
Harrah’s Resort SoCal is thrilled to support these worthy causes that are doing so much to help our community.
All of these charities received their grants on June 7, 2019 during a special presentation event at Harrah’s Resort SoCal. We acknowledge all the hard work of each of these organizations by saying: “For all the time and energy you put in to make this a great place to live and work, we thank you.”
As the best resort in Funner, CA we go above and beyond to help our guests, our teammates, the community and the environment. Harrah’s Resort SoCal is proud to offer support in the form of volunteer time as well as cash and in-kind donations to support positive change in the people and communities of Southern California.
A COMMITMENT TO THE COMMUNITY
- We are dedicated to doing everything in our power to make our communities healthy and vibrant places to live and work.
- We conduct our business with honesty and integrity, and act in accordance with the highest ethical and legal standards.
- We share our financial success with our communities by donating a portion of company profits to community and charitable causes.
- We encourage our teammates to give back to the community and to causes they care about through volunteering or donations.
- We value the diversity and vitality of the communities in which we operate, we are committed to supporting a wide range of local businesses, charitable organizations and community groups.
$4.036 Million in cash and in-kind donations to community organizations
111,111 hours of service to the community
A COMMITMENT TO THE ENVIRONMENT
- We are dedicated to being responsible stewards of the environment.
- We invest in sustainable practices that increase energy efficiency and water conservation.
- We commit ourselves to measurable reductions in greenhouse gas emissions.
- We promote recycling and waste reduction at Harrah’s Resort SoCal.